Hedgehog was Poisoned! - Rehabilitated and Released in to Wild - Hornbeam Wood Hedgehog Sanctuary

This is "Dizzy". A hedgehog that was rescued found out in a garden in Southdown in Harpenden. Dizzy had a few trips to the vets as initially we thought the poor hedgehog had a fractured leg, but we soon found out that it was actually poison.

The poor hedgehog had eaten something nasty which had poisoned it and left it unable to stand. Dizzy simply rolled around on the ground on rescue day which was very upsetting to see. After rehabilitation and a special diet, Dizzy made a full recovery and was released back in to the Wild.


Hornbeam Wood Hedgehog Sanctuary (http://www.hwhs.org.uk)

Follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hedgehogsanctuary)

Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HornbeamWood)


#charity #rehabilitation #release #wildhedgehog #hedgehog #harpenden #poison #love #success

 

Subscribe Form

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

AWARENESS NOTICE:

It is important to note that the photos you see of hedgehogs on this website are taken while a hedgehog is in rehabilitation and DO NOT reflect the natural habit of a wild hedgehog. They are nocturnal.

Data Protection Statement:

Hornbeam Wood Hedgehog Sanctuary will use the data you provide in the subscribe form, to contact you. This information will not be shared with any third party and you will only be contacted with information relevant to the work undertaken by Hornbeam Wood Hedgehog Sanctuary.

Data protection:

For information on how we process and store your data please refer to our privacy policy.

Registered Charity No.  1190048

©2015-2020 by Hornbeam Wood Hedgehog Sanctuary. All rights reserved.