Royal Eco-Plate Hedgehog House
- Substantial overhang and ventilation prevent damp and condensation.
- Larger bed chamber provides room for more than one occupant and greater insulation.
- Predator baffle keeps hedgehogs safe.
- Constructed using rot proof Eco-Plate and FSC timber.
- Our Royal Hedgehog House is packed with features to attract more hedgehogs and keep them safe through summer and winter.
- Features include a removable inspection roof to check for inhabitants and easy cleaning, generous overhang on the roof to prevent rain ingress and added ventilation to prevent condensation forming.
- Our Royal Hedgehog House also features an internal predator baffle to keep adult and baby hedgehogs safe from predators such as foxes and badgers. The bed chamber has been enlarged to provide enough room for occupation by more than one hedgehog and more bedding for greater hibernation success.
- All these features have been carefully designed into the Royal Hedgehog House for the benefit of the residents it’s designed to attract. It's constructed using 100% environmentally friendly materials including Eco-Plate, a material similar in density to plywood produced from recycled car seats. This environmentally friendly material is completely weather resistant and will not rot. The internal timber frame is made from FSC registered sustainable forests.
- The ideal place for the hedgehog house is under a hedge, large shrub or similar concealed place to make it as natural as possible. It should be out of direct sunlight and prevailing winds. A dry spot is preferable, such as behind sheds, a quiet shaded corner or under dense shrubs and bushes, as these are sites that hedgehogs would choose naturally and to further enhance the chances of early occupation you can quarter fill the chamber with dry leaves or bedding.
Delivered fully assembled:
Simply place in a quiet corner of the garden, out of wind and rain, and wait for your first visitor.
|Width (cm)||Height (cm)||Length (cm)||Tunnel Length (cm)|